How We Securely Manage Data Captured Through the Use of Our Website
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. You provide important information about yourself to a variety of businesses and organizations. The same is true when you do business with us. We at Financial Network, Inc., better known as FNI-STL, use certain of your personal information to help us better and more effectively service your financial and transactional needs.
We work diligently to safeguard the information you give to us. This privacy notice is provided to all of our current customers. The policies described below have been developed to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. To better understand the policies and procedures we have set in place for the safety of your information, please continue reading.
The following information is highlighted in this policy:
Your Financial Privacy Rights
Collection of Information
Maintaining the Privacy of Your Personal Information
Customer Information and Our Affiliates
Customer Information and Third Parties
Correcting / Updating Personal Information
1. Your Financial Privacy Rights. This notice provides information on the type of nonpublic personal information we collect, where we get that information, and the security measures we have established to keep your information secure. To help you better understand what rights you have under our policy, we will begin with certain definitions.
a. “Customer Information” is information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. This does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
b. An “affiliate” is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
c. A “nonaffiliated third party” is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
2. Collection of Information. We collect and use various types of Customer Information about you and your accounts to assist us in providing a higher quality of service. This information may be collected from any of the following sources:
Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
Information about your transactions with us
Information about your transactions with our affiliates
Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
Information from a consumer reporting agency
3. Maintaining the Privacy of Your Personal Information. We understand that maintaining the privacy of your Customer Information is extremely important. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your Customer Information. Access to Customer Information about you is restricted to those employees who need to know that information to maintain and/or improve the products we offer and services we provide.
4. Customer Information and Our Affiliates. We may from time to time share your Customer Information with any affiliates we may have (such as affiliate banks, financial institutions or securities broker-dealers). We may share any of the Customer Information we collect with our affiliates including, but not limited to:
Types of accounts
Parties to the transaction
5. Customer Information and Third Parties. Companies not affiliated with us that act on our behalf and receive Customer Information from us are contractually obligated to keep the Customer Information we provide them confidential and to use the Customer Information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform. These types of third parties include data processors, technical systems consultants, programming and other third parties that assist us in completing financial transactions you initiate with us. We will not disclose Customer Information about you to anyone except (i) as disclosed in this policy or (ii) as permitted by law, and/or (iii) in conjunction with any joint marketing agreements.
6. Former Customers. Customer Information from our former customers will not be disclosed except as permitted by law.
7. Security. Information about our customers maintained on our systems is protected using industry standard security measures. In order to secure your personal information, access to your data is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Site. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and FNI-STL cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from its systems will be completely secure.
However, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure.
8. Correcting/Updating Personal Information. If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer desire to receive non-account specific information from us, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that personal data provided to us. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-997-1104 if you would like your information updated or removed from our systems.
 We, our, and us, when used in this notice means Financial Network, Inc. and any of our affiliates.